Contact me: hanno@braun-odw.eu @hanno:braun-odw.eu

Hanno Braun

making, automation, small-scale manufacturing

Updates

  1. I've been busy printing NonOilen. Experimented with settings, to try and print it without adhesive, but no luck due to warping problems. Maybe it's possible with an enclosure.

    Happy to report that the crash last week doesn't seem to have caused any damage on the printer, as far as I can tell.

  2. I crashed my printer yesterday! Into the screws at the back of the heat bed, that serve as a stop for the steel sheets. No visible damage. The nozzle just flexed out of the way, but I don't know if anything was knocked out of alignment.

    Lesson learned: PrusaSlicer will happily let you drive the nozzle into those screws, if you tell it to. Even though it usually throws an error at you, if it sees a path that is out of bounds.

  3. Now that my printer works again and all my problems are solved forever, I'm back to getting the NonOilen to work. I made good progress, but am having some trouble with warping.

    I'll post a note about printing NonOilen on a Prusa Mini, once I got it working sufficiently well.

  4. In my main workshop, I got this lamp with an integrated magnifying glass attached to my bench. I was missing something similar in my severely space-constrained home workshop, so I got this tiny thing.

    I haven't used it extensively, so I can't give a firm recommendation yet, but it looks decent and literally fits in my pocket.

  5. I switched back to the 0.4mm nozzle on Friday. Printer is still working flawlessly. The calibration cube pictured above is certainly the best I've seen in weeks.

    I think the problems were caused by two separate partial clogs: First after a change from Prusament PLA to Fillamentum NonOilen, the second after I ran the Mini's built-in first-layer calibration (which assumes a 0.4mm nozzle) with the 0.25mm nozzle.